Who We Serve
Adkisson Pitet LLP was formed to solve the legal concerns of corporations (ranging from Fortune 500 companies to middle market companies to entrepreneurs) and individuals. We serve clients in a broad spectrum of industries, including apparel, healthcare, banking, insurance, technology, manufacturing, retail, and real estate, among others.
The firm’s principal practice areas include business litigation, creditor-debtor law, corporate and business law, labor and employment, and general legal advice and counseling.
With offices in Orange and San Diego Counties, California, and Las Vegas, Nevada, our practice primarily covers California, Nevada, and Arizona, but we are also licensed in Oklahoma, Texas, and Hawaii.
Jay Adkisson, Managing Partner – Las Vegas, is a nationally-recognized expert in creditor-debtor law, having written in numerous publications (including Forbes) and spoken at national, state, and local conferences over the last two decades. He also handles Asset Protection, Captive Insurance, and Anti-Slapp matters. Jay is licensed to practice law in five states: Arizona, California, Nevada, Oklahoma, and Texas.
Christopher L. Pitet, Managing Partner – Orange County, has litigated and tried a wide range of significant civil matters including Commercial Litigation, Intellectual Property Litigation, Real Estate Litigation, Insurance Coverage & Bad Faith, and Trust & Probate Litigation. At the outset of his career, Chris practiced law with two of the nation’s premier law firms, Sidley Austin and Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher. In 2005, he embarked on his own practice, which eventually developed into Adkisson Pitet LLP in 2021.
Joseph Petrucelli, Managing Partner – San Diego, focuses his practice in Estate Planning, Business Advising, and Tax Controversy/Litigation. Joe has advised entrepreneurs and businesses on a range of issues, including choice of business entity at start up, corporate governance and shareholder controversies, mergers, divisive reorganizations, and business sales with transaction sizes ranging from $10 million to $150 million.
Our Practice Areas
Adkisson Pitet’s goal is to perform at a level that exceeds clients’ expectations. We assist clients in a wide variety of matters including:
Litigation and Writs & Appeals - Adkisson Pitet is proud of our reputation as an accomplished and respected litigation firm. Our attorneys bring to each engagement a substantial level of experience gained from a wide breadth of client matters, and have been successful in resolving hundreds of claims throughout their careers. We represent clients in both state and federal courts. In addition to our busy trial practice, Adkisson Pitet regularly handles appellate matters.
- Creditor-Debtor - We offer nationally-recognized expertise in creditor-debtor law, including both creditor-side judgment enforcement and debtor-side defense. The firm represents both individuals and business entities, and handles both secured and unsecured claims.
- Captive Insurance – Adkisson Pitet offers exceptional expertise in the planning, structuring and licensing of captive insurance companies. Our attorneys also handle litigation arising out of captive insurance and like alternative risk management arrangements, including intramember disputes, and coverage disputes involving insurance and reinsurance policies and treaties.
- Business Transactions, Employment Law, Tax Controversy, and Estate Planning – Adkisson Pitet provides a full range of services to assist businesses in their operations, including general counsel services, establishing new business entities, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property issues, contracts, and employment matters. The firm also represents businesses and individuals in tax disputes at the federal, state, and local levels. Our estate planning services are individually tailored to each client's specific situation.
Client Service Approach
At Adkisson Pitet LLP, we provide creative, practical, and cost-effective solutions to our clients’ legal problems, whether large or small. As a trusted advisor, our client-centered approach combines large-firm technical expertise with the service and attention of a small boutique firm.
- Cost-Effective Representation - We aim to minimize your cost and risk, developing a tailored strategy to accomplish your goals quickly, cost effectively and efficiently.
- Personal Service – Our client service approach is based upon providing responsive, personalized and effective legal service with the highest degree of professionalism and confidentiality. We make it a focus of our practice to get to know each client’s needs and concerns. We maintain regular communication on your matter throughout the process, and we always seek to be courteous and considerate of your valuable time.
- Ethical and Trustworthy – We appreciate the fact that clients place their trust in our firm for effective representation. We demonstrate a desire and determination to work hard every day for every client. Further, we pride ourselves on being straightforward, reliable, and truthful in both our deed and word. Our colleagues in the legal profession recognize our firm as one that maintains the highest ethical and professional standards.